Nowadays, more people spend more time in front of the computer for a variety of reasons, mainly work. This new normal has increased the probability for people to get into an uncomfortable position for extended periods of time. This is one of the reasons people are suffering from pain, numbness or tingling pain in their hands or fingers.
The causes of this pain are usually a combination of different factors
It could be something new in the daily routine
- Modification of the working environment like working from a home office.
- A new situation in life that has caused stress.
- A new event like moving to a new home or helping a friend with packing and moving to a new space.
- A new workout routine.
- A recent injury.
- Sleeping position.
It could be something that happened a long time ago
- An inflammatory condition due to an injury or disease.
- An old injury that has been forgotten.
- Nutrition sensitivities.
It could also be something latent
- Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Chronic inflammation.
Osteopathy offers specific techniques that not only relieve the pain and tension in the affected area but also in other areas of the body, which is one of the most important principles of Osteopathy, treating the body as a whole.
An essential component of the treatments is to look for the root of the pain and offer extra information to take home as part of a long-term solution.