I find sprouting one of the easiest ways to obtain the most out of nuts and seeds. Sprouting increases the amount of vitamins and minerals of the seeds and nuts. The best part is that sprouts have 100 times more enzymes than raw veggies, which make them much easier to digest.
If you are a beginner and want to give a try. Start with lentil seeds 🙂
What you need
Sprouter lid or cheesecloth and elastic.
Glass container with cheesecloth and elastic
- Soak the lentils overnight in clean water
- Next morning, rinse them off and drain all the water
- Place the cheesecloth with the elastic to cover them and let them breathe, or use a lid like in the picture here
- In order for the seeds to sprout, they need oxygen. Repeat this process for a couple of days to keep them fresh and clean.
- Be patient, they will sprout after two or three days…Voila ..your lentil sprouts are ready for your favorite recipes!