Supporting you in your journey to health, strength, flexibility and equanimity at all levels
I am offering caring and helpful hands to alleviate your ailments and discomforts so you can enjoy your loved ones and your life to the fullest.
What is Manual osteopathy?
Manual Osteopathy is a therapy that aims to restore the normal functions of the body using drug-free and gentle manual techniques. Manual Osteopathy has proven to be the most effective therapy for musculoskeletal disorders such as lower back pain.
Why choose me?
I am Offering an insightful observation and care that comes from the perspective of body/mind awareness and alignment. My treatments are based on gentle and non-invasive techniques, which are safe for everyone.
During the course of your treatment, I take into consideration your level of tolerance and adapt to offer you an individualized and holistic approach to your healing process.
How Osteopathy Can Help You
MET & Joint mobilization
Osteoarticular ailments are effectively treated with these techniques. They improve the joints /muscles range of motion to avoid pain recurrence. These techniques are useful in cases of hypertonicity (tension), and joint dysfunction, which leads to an imbalance between the antagonist and agonist muscle groups and subsequently manifests as Lack of rage of motion, pain or tenderness in the area.
- Low back pain
- Neck pain
- Wrist pain
- Elbow pain
- Hip pain
- Tailbone pain
- TMJ pain
- Carpal tunnel
Cranial Osteopathy is very subtle touch designed to release stress and tension throught the body, including the head. Our body tissues tend to tighten up because of physical and emotional stress. This tensions remind in the body, restrincting its free movement and as a consequence symptoms start developing. During treatment, you probably experience how tension, aches, sensitivity will dissipate and it is possible that you will fall asleep.
- TMJ syndrome
Visceral Osteopathy are manual techniques designed to adress the functional and structural imbalances in your body systems and the viscera. Stress or trauma can cause that the body clench protectively. Pain and aches can be a result of a problem that is located far away from the location of the pain.
- Swalloing difficulties
- Digestive problems
- Back and Neck pain
- Shoulder and Hip pain
- Repetitive Strain injuries
In Manual Osteopathy, there are other teachniques that we use to bring alignment and circulation to the musculosketal body.
- Balanced ligamentous
- Strain & counterstrain
During the initial consultation expect a comprehensive assessment, which will provide suficient information to design a tailored-made treatment plan just for you.
Subsequence treatments entail hands-on teachniques, comprehensive reassessment and follow up on your therapeutic exercise protocol based on Yoga therapeutics.
Manual Osteopathy F.A.Q´s
- +Why should I consider trying osteopathy?
- Manual osteopathy is beneficial for the whole family. It is a non-invasive and drug-free therapy to help restore the function of the nervous, circulatory and lymphatic system, alleviate pain and achieve overall health.
- +Are our osteopathy treatments painful?
- Osteopathy is a hands-on therapy, non-invasive and gentle. It is ideal for people with chronic pain and /or touch sensitivities.
- +How often do I need to come to see improvements in my health?
- The length of your treatment depends on multiple factors. During the initial appointment, the course of action for your individualized treatment plan will be determined.
- +Do I need to be in pain?
- Manual osteopathy can be a very important component of your overall wellness plan. Being proactive is the best option to maintain a healthy and strong mind and body. For example, Swimmers can better their strokes, when their joints are working at unison to avoid injuries and improve performance.
- +When will I see results?
- During the first visit, most people experience improvements. The number of treatments depends on your unique condition. Treatment plans are tailored-made for each individual.
- +Is osteopathy compatible with other types of treatments, ex. massage therapy or acupuncture?
- Yes, manual osteopathy can complement well with other therapeutic approaches. In the treatment of certain conditions (ie. depression, anxiety, some chronic conditions), manual osteopaths may also make referrals to other health care practitioners like Naturopathic doctors, dietitian, Nutritionist, Registered Massage Therapist, MD or psychologists for additional support.
- +What should I wear to an osteopathic session?
- Your comfort is very important. Favor wearing Gym clothes.
- +Is osteopathy covered by my insurance plan?
- Manual osteopathy for pain is covered by most private extended insurance plans. I highly recommend that you contact your insurance provider to find out your coverage.
I am a member of ACMA (Association Nationale Canadienne de Médecine Alternative) and a Registered Manual Osteopath with the CRMO (College of Registered Manual Osteopaths) Please note that my treatments will be covered by insurance providers who recognize these two organizations. My treatments have been covered by Sunlife, Manulife, Desjardins, SSQ, IA, Greenshield, Through Major Group and others.
- +Do I need a referral from my family doctor?
- A doctor’s referral is not required to request an appointment with me. Please use our user- friendly online booking system. Looking forward to meeting you in person.
- +What is your cancellation policy?
- Time is precious! I encourage you to reschedule your appointments instead of canceling them. In the case that you must cancel your appointment, I require 24-hour notice to avoid the no-show fee equivalent to 50% of the treatment fee. Thank you in advance for your understanding!
- +Are our osteopathic treatments covered under OHIP?
- OHIP does not cover osteopathic treatments. Most insurance companies do.
- +Is osteopathic treatment the same as chiropractic or physio treatment?
- Osteopathy focuses on a holistic approach with emphasis on freeing the path of communication between the different systems of the body that will allow it to find balance and health.