This is by far the best āsana for one of the kapha stages in your life. Yes, pregnancy, as well as childhood, are the kapha stages of your life. New tissues and bones are growing up and developing ! Also, during pregnancy, you probably will experience intense emotions of love and patience, which are typical characteristics of the Kapha constitution.
Supta baddhakoṇāsana promotes the circulation of blood and lymphatic fluid in your hips.
It counteracts the heaviness that you might be experiencing in your body and mind. The support in the lower back, hips and chest area allows you to breathe easily and creates a horizontal space, so much needed for your inner organs and your growing baby.
The props you will need to practice this asana are ; two blocks, one bolster, two blankets and a head wrap for your eyes. Wear Comfy and warm clothes. Keep extra blocks and blankets handy.
Here the main points to take into consideration when practicing Supta baddhakoṇāsana.
1. Sit comfortably on the floor in baddhakoṇāsana (Soles of the feet together)
2. Before reclining, use your arms to gently lift the pelvis of the floor and tuck your tailbone in. to protect your lower back.
3. Recline paying attention to your neck. If it feels uncomfortable, place a blanket under your head.
4. To support your hips, place one rolled blanket under each leg.
5. Have the head wraps handy and place it on your eyes. (optional)
Supta baddhakoṇāsana is a restorative āsana, You should feel comfortable during its practice and very rested afterwards.